Monday, November 10, 2008

Chinese Pinyin - Mandarin Regional Differences - Page 3 -








> Learning Chinese > Speaking and Listening
Mandarin Regional Differences
Home New Posts

Login: Pass: Log in or register for standard view and full access.





Page 3 of 3 < 12 3






Ari 桑 -

Haha, yeah, alla sanghei nin! Um, thats about the extent of my shanghaihua.



Pleco Software Learn Chinese with our Dictionaries for Palm and Pocket PC.
Learn Chinese in China Learn to speak Chinese 1MonthChinese.com -Mandarin School in China.
Chinese Textbooks Wide range, cheap, varied languages. Also Chinese cartoons, toys, gifts.
Study Chinese in Beijing Affordable Mandarin language courses at BLCU with ChinaUnipath.com.
HNHSoft Dictionary Learn Chinese on Smartphone and PDA with real person's voice.
XueXueXue IQChinese Get beyond the plateau.Take your Mandarin to a new level.
Chinese in Lijiang Short term Chinese study in a beautiful town with a focus on daily life.
MandarinTube Chinese Access to current everyday Chinese language and culture, 24/7.
Learn Chinese Homestay Chinese course, cultural activities & volunteer events in China.
Learn Chinese Online 1-on-1 instant tutoring, diverse courses, native teachers. FREE trial now!
Nihao Chinese Progam Free one-on-one Chinese lesson. Win 5-years of free lessons now!


About Ads (and how to hide them) -- Your message here









mr.stinky -

ari: Oh, I have a question. Are 干吗,干吗呢,干吗呀,干啥 etc all northern things?

south also has 干麻 and 干嘛










Ari 桑 -

Whats the difference between them?










mr.stinky -

i originally thought it was 干么,short for 干什么, but the 干吗 would be do
what/something, as in 你明天打算干吗?

confusion came from hearing local peoples saying:

干嘛? what'cha doin'? what's up?

干麻?!!! what the hell are you doing?

i suppose 干吗 and 干嘛 are approximately the same.

(of course this is just my interpretation. could be wrong....)










skylee -



Quote:

干麻

never heard of it.

"幹嗎" / "幹嘛" are ok.










magores -

Before coming to China, I bought books, CDs, etc. I learned that 10 was shí.
-But, my friends mom - born and raised in Taiwan - kept saying sí...
-And, most of the Chinese in my town (SF) spoke Cantonese. (yat, yi, sam...)

-And then I came to Beijing, where the taxi drivers refer to Chao Yang Gong YuanR Xi MenR.
-And the people at the copy store ask me if I want 10 fenR copies.
-And my co-worker who jokingly says "Mei menR" if I ask her anything at all
-And the lady who I give empty soda bottles to, who has no teeth, and speaks so fast, and in SO
thick beijinghua that I barely understand anything she says

It surprises me that I have learned how to say anything at all even half-way close to "correct".










Ari 桑 -

Yeah, I personally don't think there is once correct way to say things. Theres just CCTV anchorman
talk thats considered standard, but I'd say since so many people speak non-standard, really there
isn't one standard.












All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:29 PM.














Learn Chinese, Chinese Online Class, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing, Travel to Tibet

No comments: