Friday, November 14, 2008

Chinese Character - CSC Scholarship Support Group - Page 16 -








> Studying, Working and Living in China > Universities and Schools
CSC Scholarship Support Group
Home New Posts

Login: Pass: Log in or register for standard view and full access.





Page 16 of 17 First < 61415 16 17 >






Jamoldo -

Kisha, they always say this. Apply anyway. It seems as if people still in the US get to pretty
much walk in and just get it. Of course it depends on luck or who you know...



Pleco Software Learn Chinese with our Dictionaries for Palm and Pocket PC.
Learn Chinese in China Learn to speak Chinese 1MonthChinese.com -Mandarin School in China.
Chinese Textbooks Wide range, cheap, varied languages. Also Chinese cartoons, toys, gifts.
Study Chinese in Beijing Affordable Mandarin language courses at BLCU with ChinaUnipath.com.
HNHSoft Dictionary Learn Chinese on Smartphone and PDA with real person's voice.
XueXueXue IQChinese Get beyond the plateau.Take your Mandarin to a new level.
Chinese in Lijiang Short term Chinese study in a beautiful town with a focus on daily life.
MandarinTube Chinese Access to current everyday Chinese language and culture, 24/7.
Learn Chinese Homestay Chinese course, cultural activities & volunteer events in China.
Learn Chinese Online 1-on-1 instant tutoring, diverse courses, native teachers. FREE trial now!
Nihao Chinese Progam Free one-on-one Chinese lesson. Win 5-years of free lessons now!


About Ads (and how to hide them) -- Your message here









extrapages -

ipsi(),
thanks so much!

its all done so well because the confucius institutes definitely have their shit together... and
thats probably because theyve got lots of money to work with. everythings easier when you have
competent parties doing what theyre supposed to do.

i think we should all move to new zealand.

---

jamoldo,
you left me without saying bye! =[ so youre in hong kong now?
zayd is leaving soon, too. as is my manfriend - back to norway in july.
i hate this place. everyone leaves you.










ipsi() -

Agreed. New Zealand is a wonderful place .

Couple of questions: Does anyone know if the list at
http://csc.edu.cn:8080/en/readarticl...?articleid=405 are the only institutions that will take CSC
scholarship students, or will any University that can accept foreign students do? The difference
is that that list has 1 University in Qingdao, while there are several others not on the list.
It'd be nice to have several options in the same city...










extrapages -

you have to choose schools on the list, as theyre the only ones with partnerships with the csc
program. if you list other schools in your top three, you just wont get the scholarship.










ipsi() -

How annoying. Oh well. Thanks for the information. Now to look up information on the University
I'd prefer. And to wait for details of the scholarship to emerge. It also seems like there'd be a
lot more people applying in New Zealand, so I figure my chances of getting a scholarship are
pretty minimal. Worth trying for anyway though.










yueni -

I finally received an email from somebody at the Chinese Embassy in Singapore letting me know that
they have received my scholarship application. They are going to forward it to China at the end of
May, so I'm assuming that the scholarship deadline for Singapore is May rather than April. If any
Singaporean would like this information, they can PM me, and I'll be happy to share this contact
info with them.

^^ Anyway, I'm quite excited that my scholarship application did go through, and that it did not
get lost in the post!










bottledpoetry -

um.

so after all that stressing, I didn't even apply to the CSC scholarship program due to senior
thesis stress, and will be crying into a paper bag come July, when ya'll get your notifications.

I just needed to bear my shame to the world to make it more bearable. Good luck though










doki doki -

Just wanted to post another thank you for all the incredibly great info in this thread. I don't
know how I would have applied without it. Sent my app off a couple of weeks ago, overnight FedEx.
Fingers crossed until July!










Yi_Se_Lie_Ren -

Hey everybody!
Like most of you probably are, I'm a scholarship candidate and I've got some questions.
Well, first of all- I've filled and handed the forms to the Chinese consulate and to the best of
my knowledge I've got it but:
1. I really don't understand who's the one responsible for admitting me to the university I chose
(or they've chosen for me). What are the chances of getting what I asked for
(Fudan/Zhejiang/Chengdu)
2. If and when I get the scholarship, as I understand, I get free dorms. Can anyone say what kind
of dorms (I mean- is it the cheapest kind possible? Can it be upgraded for a little extra?) (let's
say I get what I asked for and have been accepted to Fudan....)
3. Money issues- as a scholarship receiving student- can I work in anything except for teaching
English? How much will I get from the Chinese, and when? Is it enough to cover anything?
4. Anyone else chose Fudan/Zhejiang/Chengdu? See ya there (hopefully)
To anyone who replies- Thanks!










extrapages -

good luck doki doki!!!

---

Yi_Se_Lie_Ren (Israelian?),

please, please, please read the intro page.
also, id appreciate it if you answered the questions i ask newcomers to this thread:


Quote:

For first timers, start by telling us your story and answering these questions: Where are you
applying from? Are you currently in China? What did your local state embassy say? Where and how
did you get your papers notarized? Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Where did
you get your physical exam done? Anything about the process you thought might be good for others
to know about? Any hiccups you had to work through?

are you applying from Israel? do you have a contact person for the csc at the chinese embassy
there? does it cover airfare if you are an israeli citizen?

as for your questions:



Quote:

1. I really don't understand who's the one responsible for admitting me to the university I chose
(or they've chosen for me). What are the chances of getting what I asked for
(Fudan/Zhejiang/Chengdu)

if you get the scholarship, you get into one of the three schools... probably your top choice. the
csc is responsible for admitting you to the university. i think the question should be rephrased
as: What are the chances of getting the scholarship? (the focus is on the scholarship, not really
the school. the school is pretty automatic.) But we dont really know anything else.

as stated on the intro page, we dont really know much of the inner workings and the chances of
getting the scholarship, whether its one or two years, full or partial, or even what goes on with
how they manage the schools and applicants' choices.



Quote:

2. If and when I get the scholarship, as I understand, I get free dorms. Can anyone say what kind
of dorms (I mean- is it the cheapest kind possible? Can it be upgraded for a little extra?) (let's
say I get what I asked for and have been accepted to Fudan....)

this is answered in the intro page. it is the cheapest options for FOREIGNERS. from what i
remember four years ago, fudan's international dorms are not bad. there's only the option of
double or single, and you'll just get the double. (my knowledge on this is outdated, and this isnt
the forum to discuss fudan's options anyway) the upgrade is different for every school, but you
should be able to switch up as long as you pay the difference.



Quote:

3. Money issues- as a scholarship receiving student- can I work in anything except for teaching
English? How much will I get from the Chinese, and when? Is it enough to cover anything?

this is on the intro page. you can work however you want, for whatever jobs you get.



Quote:

4. Anyone else chose Fudan/Zhejiang/Chengdu? See ya there (hopefully)

good luck! dont know anyone else who applied outside of beijing, actually. but i hope you get the
scholarship!












All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:03 PM.














Learn Chinese, Chinese Online Class, Learning Materials, Mandarin audio lessons, Chinese writing lessons, Chinese vocabulary lists, About chinese characters, News in Chinese, Go to China, Travel to China, Study in China, Teach in China, Dictionaries, Learn Chinese Painting, Your name in Chinese, Chinese calligraphy, Chinese songs, Chinese proverbs, Chinese poetry, Chinese tattoo, Beijing 2008 Olympics, Mandarin Phrasebook, Chinese editor, Pinyin editor, China Travel, Travel to Beijing, Travel to Tibet

No comments: